NUA Home School is pleased to provide fun and educational field trips to students. These exciting excursions present an opportunity for Home School families to meet, and also allow students to interact with peers while learning out in the community.
*New* Spring 2018 Field Trip Information
- San Diego Archaeology Center – January 31st, 2018
- Richard Nixon Presidential Library – February 23rd, 2018
- Fort Cross Old Timey Adventures – March 7th, 2018 **Pre-payment for parents and siblings is required for this field trip.
- Discovery Cube’s Ocean Quest – March 14th, 2018
- Cabrillo National Monument (Plant Adaptations Program) – April 4th, 2018
- Irvine Park Railroad (Gold Rush Experience) – April 25th, 2018 **Pre-payment for parents and siblings is required for this field trip.
Field Trip Sign Up Process
Let your education advisor know which field trips you would like to attend. Your education advisor will need the following information for each trip:
- Student attending
- Parent name, email, and cell number of parent attending (a parent/guardian is required at every activity.)
- Total adults attending (see each flyer for details on additional adults)
- Number and ages of non-NUA siblings attending, if allowed (see flyer)
- The coordinator listed on each flyer can answer questions about each activity.
- Read each flyer carefully for restrictions.
- Deadline to sign up for Spring 2018 field trips is Friday, December 15th.
Please note, while we understand that unavoidable events happen and there are times when you need to cancel the field trip, we ask that you only sign up for a field trip if you are pretty certain you are going to attend. The field trip venues plan staffing and activities around the numbers we give them, so it is important that the attendee numbers are close to the numbers we send the venues. Thank you for understanding!
Frequently Asked Questions about field trips.
Fall 2017 Field Trip Information
- Chula Vista Elite Athlete Training Center (AKA: Olympic Training Center) – September 13th, 2017
- Please note, sign-ups for the CV Elite Athlete Training Center trip will be due by August 21st (we have to make the final reservation and pay for our trip on the 22nd).
- Wild Wonders – October 11th
- Mission San Juan Capistrano – October 20th
- Bates Nut Farm Pumpkin Patch – October 26th (Sign-up deadline is October 6th)
- “Ella Enchanted” at the South Coast Rep. – November 8th
- Please note, sign-ups for the South Coast Repertory trip will be due by August 31st (we have to make the final reservation and pay for our trip on September 1st).
- California Surf Museum – November 29th
- Discovery Science Cube – December 4th
- Just added! “Wonder” at Edwards San Marcos Stadium 18 – December 5th